We are currently looking for a Transport Manager for our Hatfield Site in Hertfordshire, UK. You will have the Management responsibility of our 150 Drivers, which comprises of both Class 1 & 2 with a further 30 we are actively recruiting for. This operation will see you managing a financial budget of £26,000,000 and 140 routes direct to customer per day including the control of over 100 Inbound to depot trunks per day. To help you in your position as Transport Manager you have an exceptional team of 22 heads in the admin and transport office on-top of 242 bits of fleet at your disposal. If this sounds like so-mething you would like to hear more about, please continue reading…….
Create the Future
- Closely liaising with Head Office to improve operational efficiencies and support the deli-very of Arla’s calcium intiatives.
- You will be responsible for the development and ownership of the site business plan, budget and managing costs efficiently.
- Oversee the team that in the planning and organising of the 24/7 depot to ensure the effi-cient and effective management of the outbound & inbound operation.
- In a time when managing costs is a key focus for the business, you will ensure high le-vels of fleet and driver utilisation and lead the depot lean and continuous improvement initiatives including the one collection initiative.
- Actively driving people development and engagement of own team including the owner-ship of the depot driver training agenda, recruitment and retention. Experience of unions would be desirable yet not essential.
- Experience of Transport Management Systems and IT packages including Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint and outlook
Grow with Arla
…because we’re committed to professional development and promoting from within. Our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you’ll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favorite brands in a way that makes things bet-ter for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
A responsible and forward-looking business, we make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for, and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Castello® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries worldwide.
…an experienced Transport Operations Manager with a National CPC qualification. You will be a proactive leader with the ability to deliver accurate results under tight and pres-sured time constraints. Without the ongoing delivery of raw milk to our dairies we cannot produce high quality dairy products for our customers, so this role is essential in achie-ving our business goals.
...online as soon as possible please. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package relative to the current market. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply via this LINK.