- Water - 2 cups
- Minced Garlic - 1 tablespoon
- Brown Sugar - 1-2 tablespoon
- Gochujang (Korean chili paste) - 3 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Scallions - 1 tablespoon
- Gochugaru (Korean chili flakes) - 1 teaspoon
- Tteokbokki(Korean Rice Cakes) - 350 grams
- Odeng(Korean Fish Cakes) - 150 grams
- Spring Onions - 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- ARLA PRO Mozzarella Cheese - 80 grams (shredded / grated)
- ARLA PRO Red Cheddar Cheese - 80 grams (shredded / grated)
- ARLA PRO Gouda Cheese - 80 grams (shredded)
- In a large pan, place about 2 cups of water and boil in a medium heat.
- As the water heats up, add garlic, brown sugar, gochujang, gochugaru, and soy sauce.
- Allow to simmer for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture combines.
- Once the sauce mixture is boiling, add tteokbokki and odeng.
Note: If tteokbokki or odeng is frozen, soak and rinse in hot water for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Constantly stir to avoid tteokbokki and odeng from sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer for 5-9 minutes until the rice cake is cooked but still chewy.
- Add scallion and simmer for 2-3 minutes to make sure the flavour is fully developed.
- Mix your shredded ARLA PRO Mozzarella Cheese, ARLA PRO Red Cheddar Cheese, and ARLA PRO Gouda Cheese well in a bowl.
- Once the flavour is fully developed, place your mixed ARLA PRO cheese on top of your sauce.
- Turn off the heat and cover your pan for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Alternatively, if using a cast iron pan, you can melt your cheese by placing the pan inside an oven leaving the oven doors open for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once the cheese is melted and bubbly, remove the cover of the pan or pull out from the oven.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and green onions.